HistoriCorps is looking for an archaeology enthusiast who loves to cook in the wilderness or a good cook who loves archaeology in the wilderness! The Crew Chef position is a fun and important job – it is like cooking for a big family. If you love to cook, camp, and travel, this is a great opportunity.
Dates: July 30th-August 8th plus travel time.
Location: Shoshone National Forest near Dubois, WY. You will be cooking in a kitchen tent and camping with the volunteers for the duration of the project.
- Purchase Food – You will be responsible for planning the menu and purchasing food in advance, paid by HistoriCorps.
- Travel to Work Site – Transportation to and from the work site from your place of residence.
- Cook Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner Each Day –You will be cooking breakfast and dinner every day for approximately 15 people, and setting out sandwich ingredients for lunches. There will be a kitchen tent with all the cooking supplies you’ll need. Volunteers will be doing their own dishes, but you will be responsible for the kitchen dishes.
- Have fun! – You will have some free time, so feel free to explore the area, help the volunteers work on the project, and make new friends!
- Cooking –A high level of comfort working in an outdoor kitchen;
- Budgeting –Responsible for staying at or under a budget of $12 per person per day.
- Time Management –Responsible for preparing each meal to be ready to serve at the time designated by the Project Supervisor (this is critical!)