Do you know of a historic site, building, or significant cultural landmark in need of preservation? HistoriCorps can help your project become a reality while furthering our mission to provide volunteers with an introduction to, and experience with, historic preservation for public benefit.
We are now accepting project applications for our 2015 season from qualifying entities, including nonprofit organizations, federal, state and regional government agencies, and local counties and municipalities. Our project criteria emphasize volunteer and public benefit. Considerations include:
- Historical significance of the project;
- Location and public accessibility;
- Value to surrounding communities and community benefit;
- Sustainable reuse to ensure future stewardship;
- Appropriateness of the work to volunteers, students, and/ or veterans;
- Value to teaching, instructing, and inspiring participants;
- Alignment and alliance with academic or public institutions, local preservation organizations, or community organizations and interest groups;
- Endorsements and approvals to undertake the work;
- Adherence to The Secretary of the Interior’s Standards for Historic Preservation;
- Funding, financing, and/ or grant development capacity.
Agencies and organizations interested in partnering with HistoriCorps on a rehabilitation/restoration project are encouraged to submit a letter of interest. Please include any relevant information, such as links, references, articles, history, site maps, photos, field measurements and sketches, or reports. Include the work you would like to accomplish, funds available, and desired timeline and outcomes. Click here for further information, and please send your nomination to: Towny Anderson, Executive Director: email@example.com.