Part Time Full Charge Bookkeeper & Office Manager
Non-Profit, High Energy Historic Building Preservation Organization
HistoriCorps® is a national initiative that mobilizes volunteers through partnerships to save and sustain our nation’s special places while providing quality educational and outdoor experiences. From our base in the Rocky Mountain region, we are now coordinating and instructing projects throughout the United States. At the heart of the HistoriCorps program model is the engagement of a broad and diverse cadre of partners and volunteers. With them HistoriCorps is implementing meaningful solutions that save special places for many generations to come. These partnerships are fundamentally changing the way in which America saves and sustains its cultural and historic heritage.
We are seeking a part-time office manager and full charge bookkeeper who will jump at the opportunity to join and help us grow a unique and inspiring organization. This position may develop into a full time job with opportunity for advancement. The person we seek is willing to wear many hats, working or supervising in areas such as purchasing, inventory and human resources.
Ability to handle the full cycle of accounting duties: accounts payable; code and enter vendor invoices, including credit card transactions; run checks, bill customers, and prepare bank deposits, ensuring that the correct general ledger accounts are debited or credited accordingly; process employee timesheets, run payroll checks (currently outsourced); prepare monthly and quarterly financial statements and run trial balance for the Board of Directors; manage banking needs, including reconciling monthly bank statements and monitoring cash flow; respond to requests for job cost, cash flow, and sales reports.
Communicate with operations (operations manager and project supervisors) to 1) ensure timely and accurate information reporting from the field (project status, staff timesheets, volunteer reports, payment approvals), 2) up-to-the-minute job cost tracking, and 3) manage construction draws.
- General accounting including accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, job costing and general ledger posting;
- Prepare construction draws for multiple projects, process accounts receivable and manage the construction billing and collections process;
- Maintain payment draw files and invoice files;
- Communicate with project managers, vendors, and external parties to manage draw requests/requirements;
- Communicate with external clients and lenders to manage funding and draw requests, provide timely responses to questions and inquiries;
- Perform/review bank account reconciliations and assist with organization balance sheet reconciliations and other monthly internal management reporting to Board of Directors;
- Calculate indirect costs and allocate to projects;
- Track, manage, and report accounts receivable;
- Enter project setup sheets and maintain filing system for projects; prepare job cost updates regularly for management review and monitoring;
- Assist in the development/enhancement of project reporting;
- Assist with preparation of project analysis and performance reports;
- Assist with special projects as requested;
- Work with Project Managers on billing verification and collection matters;
- Prepare deposits and weekly cash flow forecasts;
- Process accounts payable from invoice to payment: code invoices to the appropriate job number, cost code, and GL account number and distribute invoices for approval;
- Reconciliation of Vendor statements and Customer payments;
- Subcontractor insurance verification.
- Assist with processing payroll (currently outsourced but scheduled to bring in-house) and certified payroll reports when necessary.
- Interface with Project Supervisors and senior management on all aspects of construction accounting;
- Respond to inquiries from Senior Management, Board of Directors, clients and customers as requested.
- Prepare data and assist CPA with quarterly and end of year reports and Form 990.
- Minimum of 3 years demonstrated experience in booking keeping;
- Advanced knowledge of QuickBooks and MS Office applications;
- Excellent communication skills; strong analytical skills; skilled at customer service
- 5 years demonstrated experience in booking keeping;
- Advanced degree or certification in Accounting or similar field;
- State and Federal grant billing and reporting experience;
- Demonstrated experience in office management;
- Education and/or experience in construction administration;
Wage negotiable, commensurate with experience.
For your application to be considered, it must include:
- A cover letter of a maximum of 400 words that a) describes the reasons for your interest and b) includes your email address, physical street address, and daytime phone number. Please indicate how you would like to be contacted (by email or phone) if you are selected for an interview.
- A descriptive resume.
Submit all materials electronically to: Towny Anderson, Executive Director of HistoriCorps® firstname.lastname@example.org . Subject line: Bookkeeper Position.
HistoriCorps® is committed to equal opportunity and equal treatment for all qualified individuals based on individual merit and capability. Our commitment applies without regard to race, color, religion or creed, gender, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any factors identified and protected by federal, state and local law.
This job posting does not constitute a promise or guarantee of employment. We will accept applications until we have filled the position.